Friday, August 19, 2011

favorite phrases friday

My littles will only be little for a short time.  Daily, they say and do some of the funniest, heartwarming, and adorable things that I wish I could sear into my memory forever.

Unfortunately, I don't have the super-human powers to remember every little detail (though I must admit, it's not for lack of trying).  So I've decided to record here on this ol' blog (what better place?) so that even if my memory should fail, I can probably count on Blogger not to.

Quotes from Julia:
When I asked her to help shuck corn: "No thank you, Mommy, because my hands will get dirty."

"Tater tots are really jus' yittle potatoes."


Bedtime prayer: "Dear Jesus, thank you for our food, and for lunch, and for snacks, and special treats, and worms, and for candy.  I love you Jesus.  Amen."  On the same note, according to Julia, a prayer cannot end unless you say, "I love you Jesus, amen."  All of her prayers end this way, and she asks us to do the same.


"Look, a air-a-copter!" (helicopter)

"But, Daddy, I MEED another candy! Jus' for a second!" (meed = need.  In case you hadn't already figured that one out.)

"Look, Mommy!  Lightening McQueen has blue eyes, just like me have!"

When we tell her it's bedtime, or rest time, or time for anything, really: "Jus' five more minutes?"


She's also begun telling some pretty elaborate stories.  Example: "...and then Bob goes, "Bob's Mommy, can I have some more milk?" like that, then Bob goes, "Waaaa, I want my Mama!" and so she jus' picked him up like this and goes, "It's okay Bob," like that, and its okay because Bob is red and he drinked his milk and then goes ni-night and it was so funny!" (Cue adorable, three-year-old laughter.  It's highly contagious.)

Audrey's vocabulary:
The past month or so, it seems our little 11-month-old has begun moving from jabbering (bababababababa) to forming word we can understand, and that she repeats over and over about specific things.

She says Mama and Dada to each of us respectively (she's been saying those for months now).

Hi!!  She pronounces it Hiiii... with a long "i" almost as if she had a Southern accent.  Yeah, we live in Oregon.  Not sure where she got it, but it's adorable.

Her Hi is also accompanied by a very cute, excited wave.  And when we tell her to say bye-bye, she waves frantically and says, Hi! We're working on that. ;)

Duck, pronounced "duct."  Audrey has an obsession with rubber duckies.  Anytime she sees one, she gets very excited and starts squealing.  And when you ask her, "Which animal says quack quack?"  she squeals, Duct, duct!  and looks around excitedly for one.  (Just an FYI... you'd better have one to give her if you're going to bring them up.  I'm just sayin'.)

Quack, quack!  She says this very guttural, from the back of her throat, and it's adorable.


I'm sure there are many more note-worthy things from this past week.  I think I'll start another blog post, add cute things/sayings as they happen this week, and share again next week for Favorite Phrases Friday.

But don't hold me to it if I don't.  Ya know, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment and let me know what you think...

Swidget 1.0